Why Register a Trademark in China
- Defend against bad faith registration
- Protect against counterfeit goods and services
- Establish legal remedies in case of trademark infringement
- It is a requirement for e-commerce sites and distributor
- Ability to sell your product in China
- Manufacture goods in China
- Provides future brand protection
Intellectual Property Roadmap
Steps to register your trademark in China
1. Preform a trademark search
A comprehensive search must be complete in Chinese to ensure your Chinese mark is not already registered.
Register in Chinese, Roman characters will not completely protect against infringement
- Complete application as outlined by the CNIPA.
3. Formal Examination
CNIPA verifies that the trademark file is complete, and all corresponding fees have been paid.
4. Substantial Examination
Examiner verifies that absolute grounds and relative grounds have been met. Once the trademark has passed this examination, the trademark in preliminarily approved for registration.
5. Publication in Trademark Gazette
Approved applications will be published in the Trademark Gazette. This will give others a chance to oppose your application.
- Publication must remain advertised for 3 months.
If there is no opposition to your application, or if the opposition is rejected the CNIPA will send you a trademark certificate.
To maintain your registration you will need to pay a renewal fee every 10 years.
Where to find us
WeChat ID: hanyubingxin2008